[Conferences] Sponsors and delegate contact info

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Wed Aug 12 16:29:52 CEST 2009

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009, Noufal Ibrahim wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 6:33 PM, Facundo
> Batista<facundobatista at gmail.com> wrote:
> [..]
>>
>> We explicitly offered to sponsors "the list of names and mail
>> addresses of those who explicitly wanted to give you this
>> information", and in the registration web site (pycon-tech, ;), we put
>> a checkbox (by default *not* marked) that says "I want to give my info
>> to sponsors".
>
> Thanks for the advice everyone. I would have loved to do it this way
> but the problem is that we didn't have such checkbox when people
> registered. Notifying everyone now will be hard.

At this point, the most you can/should do IMO would be to spam the
registration list.  I suggest that you send out a generic status update
for the conference, with an, "Oh, by the way, we have a sponsor who would
like to get in touch with attendees -- if you're interested, please go to
this URL."

You might want to check into your local laws, they may even prohibit
sharing information in the absence of opt-in and your sponsor ought to
want not to get into legal trouble.

"...string iteration isn't about treating strings as sequences of strings,
it's about treating strings as sequences of characters.  The fact that
characters are also strings is the reason we have problems, but characters
are strings for other good reasons."  --Aahz