[Conferences-discuss] Re: [Pycon-organizers] PyCon 2004

Adam Turoff ziggy@panix.com
Sun, 1 Jun 2003 22:24:46 -0400

On Sun, Jun 01, 2003 at 08:52:25PM -0400, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> > Now that we've had two months to rest and relax, I think it's about
> > time we started moving on next year's PyCon, particularly if we
> > don't want to rely on YAS for processing registration.  If nobody
> > responds to this message, I'll assume nobody agrees with me.  ;-)
>
> Right.  I'm all for a repeat of the best things of PyCon 2003: the
> venue, the organizing team led by Steve Holden, the time of year.  I
> really hope that we can do online registration without help this time!
> Now's the time to reserve the prime spot at GWU.

I remember talking to Meghan in September, and there was a reasonable
selection of dates to choose from.  The key issues were (1) choosing
a good time for PyCon and (2) working around GWU's blackout dates.
(e.g., most of June is blacked out for orientation or something.)

Z.