[Compiler-sig] Error checking macros

Skip Montanaro skip@pobox.com
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 08:21:13 -0500

    Neal> I don't know if others have seen the following technique before.
    Neal> Eric and I have used it to greatly reduce lines of code for error
    Neal> checking.

This looks like it would be okay as long as you only call it when you hold
no references to Python objects.  In Python code you frequently can't just
return NULL, but have to DECREF some Python objects first.  I don't know if
this problem will arise here (I don't see a lot of context in your example -
is it just for NULL checking input args?), but I assume it might.

Skip