[Compiler-sig] copyright/license BS (was: P2C stuff)

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@cnri.reston.va.us
Sun, 5 Mar 2000 12:58:12 -0500 (EST)

Getting back to this thread a little late...

  GS> No... this is saying "do whatever. I don't care." In no way do I
  GS> believe anybody *is* trying to claim ownership. I'm simply
  GS> saying that Jeremy (and/or whoever) can do what they want. Do
  GS> whatever. No need to check with me.

I guess I'm not clear on the status of p2c.  The main reason I asked
was to avoid having two out-of-sync copies of transformer.py in the
world.

  GS> Heck... many of the modules that I've written, I call Public
  GS> Domain. In other words: I'm not even asserting a copyright!

Except that P2C has a copyright notice, and is not in the public
domain. That's the other reason I asked (though a secondary reason).

Jeremy