[Compiler-sig] FYI: python/nondist/src/Compiler

Greg Stein gstein@lyra.org
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 00:47:52 -0800 (PST)

On 16 Feb 2000, Michael Hudson wrote:
> Jeremy Hylton <jeremy@cnri.reston.va.us> writes:
> > I've made my current codebase available as part of the Python CVS
> > tree, under the nondist branch.  The current code implements most of a
> > Python source code to PyVM compiler.  The code is definitely rough;
> > "refactoring" is the buzzword that needs to be applied.
> >
> > You can browse the CVS tree from http://cvs.python.org
> >

> And one might get this code how? I seem to be having CVS-driving
> problems.

Follow the instructions on http://www.pythonorg/download/cvs.html, but on
the "cvs ... co python" line, use "cvs ... co python/nondist". Using the
directions as-is from that page will get Jeremy's work AND the full Python
source distribution. The python/nondist checkout limits things a bit.

If you don't have CVS or don't want to use it, then you can grab a tarball
of the repository from http://starship.python.net/crew/da/pythondists/.
Oh! Hrm. I just checked that... it appears that the tarball doesn't (yet)
include the "nondist" branch of the CVS repository. Maybe David Ascher can
look into that.

Cheers,
-g

--