[code-quality] Pylint score

James Cooke me at jamescooke.info
Sun Oct 21 09:20:12 EDT 2018

Hi Prashant,

This does not directly answer your question - so apologies for that.
However, pylint gives an exit code based on the types of failures that
were found which can be checked
https://pylint.readthedocs.io/en/latest/user_guide/run.html#exit-codes
Therefore when linting flake8-aaa, I gave up trying to check for a
threshold score in order to allow for success and instead there is a
script that checks that there are  no errors of particular types
(FATAL_MESSAGE, ERROR_MESSAGE, CONVENTION_MESSAGE, USAGE_ERROR). That
script is here
https://github.com/jamescooke/flake8-aaa/blob/master/run_pylint.sh and
it's called via a Makefile recipe here
https://github.com/jamescooke/flake8-aaa/blob/master/Makefile#L24-L38
When working on this, I found that there were some helpful messages on
SO, a quick search has taken me back to this old one:
https://stackoverflow.com/a/7347681/1286705
Hope that helps.

James