[code-quality] PyLint and Travis

Kay Hayen kay.hayen at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 03:38:13 EDT 2018

Hello there,

so I have added PyLint checks to travis. It nicely makes sure that PRs
I get submitted become clean.

However, for each PyLint release, e.g. 2.0.0, there will be a bunch of
findings that are new, and will to be found, leading to the Travis
builds to fail due to PyLint, all the time now.

How to approach that. Is there a way I could have enforced using 1.9.2
on the "master" branch for Travis (and probably "develop" too), and
use the latest greatest PyLint for "factory" only. Anyone know if that
is possible, somehow, anybody doing something like that? Or maybe
install a given version, but make it an error if that version is not
the most recent on only the factory branch, what are people doing in
this regard?

Yours,
Kay