[code-quality] release 0.6 of RedBaron, high level parser/modifier of python source file

Laurent Peuch cortex at worlddomination.be
Wed Mar 30 18:02:10 EDT 2016

Hello,

On Mon, Mar 28, 2016 at 11:15:59AM -0500, Ian Cordasco wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 28, 2016 at 11:13 AM, Ian Cordasco
> <graffatcolmingov at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm really happy you sent this. I had forgotten about RedBaron and was
> > going to start looking for a project exactly like it. Would you be
> > interested in moving the project under the umbrella of the PyCQA? We
> > could probably more easily integrate new contributors in an
> > organization. I'll start taking a look at how I could help out with
> > RedBaron since Flake8 will probably start depending on it or something
> > like it.
>
> Of course Baron is also welcome in addition to RedBaron. In
> particular, I'd love to firm up the Python 3 support (since Flake8
> would need that).
>
> If you need more PyCQA information, we have some documentation on
> http://meta.pycqa.org

Thanks a lot for this proposition :)

After reading the documentation, I am very tempted to say yes, but I
have one small hesitation (not about the CoC, I'm actually quite happy
that you have one): PyCQA define itself as "a loose organization of
people who maintain projects in roughly the same domain: automatic
style and quality reporting" but that's not exactly (red)baron is
doing. While it's not very far away (like a low level more general
tool that can be used to build those kind of tools), it's still a bit
different, won't that be a problem?

--

Laurent Peuch -- Bram