[code-quality] Not able to run test_func.py in /test folder

Ahirnish Pareek ahirnish at arista.com
Wed Mar 23 05:15:48 EDT 2016

Hi,

This looks like a very basic question but I am unable to run
/test/test_func.py file to check if my changes has broken anything.

Following is the error I am seeing. I have Python 2.7.5 installed.

>test ahirnish$ chmod +x test_func.py
>test ahirnish$ ./test_func.py
./test_func.py: line 16: functional/non regression tests for pylint: No
such file or directory
./test_func.py: line 18: import: command not found
./test_func.py: line 19: import: command not found
./test_func.py: line 20: import: command not found
from: can't read /var/mail/os
from: can't read /var/mail/os.path
./test_func.py: line 25: syntax error near unexpected token `('
./test_func.py: line 25: `from pylint.testutils import (make_tests,
LintTestUsingModule, LintTestUsingFile,'

It looks like I am missing something very basic. Can someone help me point
out this?

Thanks.

--
Regards,