[code-quality] Supplying line numbers to flake8

Nicholas Berrios nberrios.fsu at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 17:42:47 EST 2016

Hello!

I like to use Vim to highlight blocks of code and perform various functions
on them. One thing I have always wanted to do is highlight a block of code
in a large file and run flake8 on just those lines. I have tried to figure
out how flake8 is doing this internally, because it is available through
some kind of interaction with the --diff flag when supplied with a unified
diff. So my questions are,

1) Is there already an invocation syntax I can use to run flake8 on a
certain line # range in a file
2) If not, where can I dig around in the source code to see how --diff does
this?

Thanks a ton, and best wishes!

Nick Berrios