[code-quality] pylint crashes with RuntimeError: maximum recursion depth exceeded

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 09:14:42 CEST 2015

On Mon, Jun 8, 2015 at 2:20 AM, Jeff Quast <contact at jeffquast.com> wrote:
>> On Jun 7, 2015, at 3:10 PM, Claudiu Popa <pcmanticore at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Jun 8, 2015 at 12:22 AM, anatoly techtonik <techtonik at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> pylint crashes with whitespace and linefeeds checks.
>>>
>>> https://travis-ci.org/spyder-ide/spyder/jobs/65808371
>>>
>>> I am not sure where it failed, and why it didn't return
>>> with error status -1. Is it possible to fix return code
>>> and show the name of file that caused the recursion?
>>>
>>> --
>>> anatoly t.
>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> Could you provide the pylint version and the astroid version?
>
> Outsider, here. From build log:
>
> astroid 1.3.4-py27_0
> pylint-1.4.2-py27_0
>
> As displayed by output of command “conda install”,
>
> https://github.com/spyder-ide/spyder/blob/76a9a5fd721b74b37bb3eac18855b2b55b16b100/continuous_integration/travis_install.sh#L59

Yes, it is around the line 484 in the build log:
https://travis-ci.org/spyder-ide/spyder/jobs/65808372#L484

I could also repeat it locally with pylint 1.4.0 and astroid 1.3.2,
but after upgrade to pylint 1.4.3 astroid 1.3.6 the error is gone.

Still no glue what happened, and no idea how to update those
conda packages.

--
anatoly t.