[code-quality] Detecting circular package dependencies with pylint (or similar tool)

JuanLeon Lahoz juanleon.lahoz at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 11:32:00 CEST 2015

Hi,

Is there any way to make pylint report circular package dependencies with
an exit code != 0?

Assume code has packages A and B.  A.a1 imports B.b1, and B.b2 imports
A.a2.  While this may work, imho this is a bad smell in design that I want
to detect as early as possible (same as any other bad smells that pylint
detects).

I know that pylint can write import dependency graphs, but I could not find
a trivial way to use them a a check (trivial == no coding required).

Any option that I am missing?

Thanks
juanleon