[code-quality] Adding python function arguments related customized rule in pylint

Claudiu Popa pcmanticore at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 11:32:14 CEST 2015

On Thu, Jul 2, 2015 at 9:45 AM, Ahirnish Pareek <ahirnish at arista.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering if there's a pattern to calculate Pylint's message-id
> numbers? I know that first alphabet indicates if its a warning, error,
> convention, refactor or fatal but how do we come up with 4-digit number
> after that?
>
> Like - E1605. E = Error but what is 1605?
>
> Thanks.

Base id of standard checkers (used in msg and report ids):
01: base
02: classes
03: format
04: import
05: misc
06: variables
07: exceptions
08: similar
09: design_analysis
10: newstyle
11: typecheck
12: logging
13: string_format
14: string_constant
15: stdlib
16: python3

So for E1605, that would be from the python 3 checker. Since it's pretty
hard to remember all this, the message ids will be deprecated at some
point, in favor of using symbolic names.