[code-quality] [Announcement] [mccabe] New way to run mccabe as a standalone script

Ian Cordasco graffatcolmingov at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 15:25:20 CET 2015

Hey all,

Ever since mccabe has become it's own package on PyPI, you've been
able to run it independently by executing

    python -m mccabe {opts}

Since most of mccabe's downloads are via Flake8, the project has
resisted adding an entry point to make an easy-to-access console
script. I'm a thoroughly curious person though, so I threw together a
package on PyPI - mccabe-console-script - to provide that
functionality.

If the download count demonstrates that this is useful, I'll propose
updating the mccabe package to include the extra lines that make this
possible.

The repository is on GitLab [1] and mirrored to GitHub [2] with the source code.

Cheers,
Ian

[1]: https://gitlab.com/pycqa/mccabe-console-script
[2]: https://github.com/PyCQA/mccabe-console-script