[code-quality] Contribution: Checking function, method, and constructor parameter documentation

Daniel, Bruno Bruno.Daniel at blue-yonder.com
Wed Jul 30 19:03:52 CEST 2014

Dear Sylvain Thénault and Dougal Matthews,

I just added a pull request for the discussed checker:

https://bitbucket.org/logilab/pylint/pull-request/143/new-extensions-directory-new-optional/diff

As you suggested, I created a new module for such optional checkers:

    pylint/extensions

containing the following files (so far):

    __init__.py
    check_docs.py

I put the test file for the new checker into the normal test directory:

    pylint/test/test_check_docs.py

People can activate this new checker by adding the line

    load-plugins=pylint.extensions.check_docs

to the MASTER section of their .pylintrc .

I added more documentation (including this usage description) to the class docstring
of the checker.

Kind regards
    Bruno Daniel

Dr. Bruno Daniel