[code-quality] Something about Pylint

侯焯明 745189913 at qq.com
Fri Aug 9 14:03:45 CEST 2013

Hello,
I am a beginner to Pylint, My name is Hou Zhuoming. When I install the pylint 1.0.0 in python 3.3(OS:Windows7), there is a error happened.

And then I read the source code of pylint 1.0.0. I found something is wrong in setup.py model.

Line 138: call(['2to3','-wn',dest]): I think the problem is the system cannot find 2to3.
But I can find a script named '2to3.py' in my python 3.3. So I change Line 138 to:
call(['C:\\Python33\\Tools\\Scripts\\2to3.py', '-wn', dest], shell=sys.platform=='win32').
It works! I can install pylint 1.0.0 successfully after the change.
My setup.py in pylint 1.0.0:

I found the same problem in astroid-1.0.0 and logilab-common-0.60.0 too. I also can install these two packages with the same change.
I am not sure it is a bug. Maybe, something is wrong when I am installing the pylint 1.0.0. (No problem in Linux)
Another problem: when I successfully installed pylint 1.0.0, I want to run the pylint-gui.exe. I can see the GUI successfully. But when I want to test some python scripts, it works wrong.(The pylint.exe works normally)

All these problems happen in python 3.3(Operating system  is Windows 7).
I need your help.
Thank you.
School of Software,Sun Yat-sen University
Zhuoming Hou(侯焯明)
Email:745189913 at qq.com