[ChiPy-announce] ChiPy September 2016 Meeting

Joe Jasinski joe.jasinski at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 22:29:33 EDT 2016

ChiPy,

This week, we have a great meeting planned.  Our sponsor, Telnyx, hosts us
this month and we have an awesome speaker line-up.

All are welcome! Please RSVP soon. Please provide your full name in the
RSVP for the security check at the door.

*When:*
Thursday September 8th
6:00pm:  doors open; food arrives
7:00pm:  Talks Start promptly at 7

*How:*
You can rsvp at chipy.org or via our Meetup
<https://www.meetup.com/_ChiPy_/events/233629579/> group.

*Where:*
Telnyx
311 W Superior St, STE 504, Chicago, IL

*What:*

   - *Popular ORM Libraries*
   (0:30:00 Minutes)
   By: Tanya Schlusser
   What's the main difference between SQLAlchemy and Django's ORM? When
   might a person prefer Pony ORM or peewee? -- popular Object-Relational
   Mapping libraries in Python are compared and contrasted.
   - *Using Tasks in Asyncio Web Apps*
   (0:40:00 Minutes)
   By: Feihong Hsu
   In this talk, I will be talking about starting, stopping, and displaying
   incremental data from long-running tasks in an asyncio-based web
   application.

Thanks always to all our Platinum sponsors, especially: Braintree,
Imaginary Landscape, and Telnyx.

Please be aware of our code of conduct http://www.chipy.org/pages/conduct/

See you there!

--