[ChiPy-announce] [ANN] Best ChiPy Ever: Tomorrow Featuring Django

Brian Ray brianhray at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 17:20:29 CET 2015

Django was first announced at a ChiPy meeting in 2003. Come celebrate and
continue this legacy tomorrow night at Vokal http://www.vokal.io/. Food
provided by Braintree https://www.braintreepayments.com/. Meeting will be
professionally recorded.

   - *Django+Elasticsearch+Haystack to Search PDFs and Such*
   By: Joe Jasinski
   Have you ever wanted to search the contents of uploaded PDFs, Docs, and
   other document formats on your website? Django Haystack (with the
   Elasticsearch search backend) is a great way to add search to your site,
   but it does not support full document indexing out of the box. I'd like to
   share a solution that I cobbled together to allow this combination of tools
   the ability to search document contents.
   - *REST on Django*
   By: Adam Bain

Location: Vokal 153 W Ohio 1st Floor Chicago IL

RSVP Here: http://www.chipy.org/

or here: http://www.meetup.com/_ChiPy_/events/220117890/

Best ever!

--