[Chennaipy] Meeting Minutes April meetup

Rengaraj D sakthirengaraj at gmail.com
Sat Apr 27 13:03:14 EDT 2024

# Minutes of meeting

This month we planned late for a physical meetup.
We weren't able to communicate earlier.
We sent a notification on Thursday.

We had around 6 people come to the venue and 6 people attended online.
Fortunately Zilogic Systems gave us the internet to broadcast online too.

During the meeting we decided to share a jitsi meetup link.
Sorry folks who missed due to last minute change.

No of attendees 12.

## Time complexity I faced while writing a function

Speaker: Rengaraj

Rengaraj went through the problem statement.
* He created a network_subnet.csv with  `"99.180",NW_99_180`.
* `load_dir` created a dictionary with `key:subnet, value:foldername`.
* `get_dir` he passed the ip and got the folder name for that ip using the
above dict.
* `process_log` this function reads a log line by line and moves that line
to.
corresponding folders of the subnet if the ip address in the line matches
the subnet.
* `process_acces_log.py` took .445 secs.

* He used another network_subnet2.csv with `"99.180.0.0/16",NW_99_180`
* `get_dir` he passed the ip and get the folder name for that ip using
a for loop through each line in the above file and if ip_address(ip) in
ip_network(subnet)
* The advantage of using complete CIDR format is there is no need for any
exception if there is a new
network of ip let say `/24, /19"`. In the previous example the function
supports only `/16`
* `process_log` this function read a log line by line and move that line to
corresponding folders of the subnet if the ip address in the line matches
the subnet
* `process_acces_log_v2.py` took 40 secs
* This is because the no of lines in the csv file is 937 the for loop has
to loop through 937
times if the given ip doesn't present in the file and also for duplicate ip
it was again loop through the same amount of times till it find the match.

* Gokul from the audience suggested using one more dict to add the value if
the given ip was already visited.
* This reduces the time to 9 secs from 40 secs
* Selvi was pointing out some space complexity that she will discuss during
her dictionary talk

## From Local to Cloud, Deploying Your Django App with Kubernetes

Speaker: Achanandhi

* He told some intro why kubernetes and how it is useful
* He also gave some intro to Django
* Then he jumped to showing his todo app, since this talk is about
deployment
he skipped explaining the code, instead he shown the folder structure
* First he show docker config file and how he added dependency there
* From a base image he built a docker image and pushed to docker hub
* Now he showed an already deployed todo list app through public ip
* He modified the todo list app to show how to deploy the new change.
* He showed a kubernetes config file and he configured the docker hub path
and new image version, app version.
* Later he deployed the kubernetes pod in to digital ocean
* He shown us load balancer ip and pod ip

## Internals of Dictionary

Speaker: Thangaselvi

Selvi pointed out we exceeded the time since i.e 5:00 PM
She told she wants to give this talk next month.
Due to time constraints we stopped the meetup.

## Networking tea
We had a tea break arranged by zilogic Systems.
People who came in person had a snack time and discussion and then we left.

## Credits
Thanks Zilogic Systems Admin team for the venue and sponsoring the tea and
samosa.
Thanks to all the speakers and audience.

Regards
Rengaraj