[Chennaipy] Meeting minutes of 6/27/2020 Chennai py

Ashok Govindarajan gashok2 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 23:19:31 EDT 2020

Dear All,

I had provided 4 references during the lightning talk on June 27th meetup.
They are all available in Netflix and are named as 1. NOVA : Prediction by
the numbers. 2 The code (3 episodes).
I thought it maybe better to set the context as to why I suggested them.

The context is as follows: I find them interesting as I am able to relate
to Math related concepts better, after watching it.
For example, abstract concepts like Baye's theorem are used in finding
people who have lost their way in sea.  (The name of the tool/software is
SAROPS).
Like this there are also other references to fractals, prime numbers and
breeding cycles of an insect named cicada
etc connecting the mathematical world to real-life happenings.

Hence, I thought I would share this, so that one would get a certain
perspective of math, even though it may be hard to understand the
underlying equations.

Rgds, Ashok