[Chennaipy] Why newbies should do talks at Chennaipy

Vijay Kumar vijaykumar at bravegnu.org
Thu Jan 15 05:45:09 CET 2015

Hi Everyone,
Newbies are generally reluctant to give talks, for various
reasons. Here is one strong reason, to do a talk. If you are serious
about learning Python, then the best way to learn it is by teaching
others.  That's what the "Learning Pyramid" says. For more details see
http://thepeakperformancecenter.com/educational-learning/learning/principles-of-learning/learning-pyramid/
Your retention goes up to 90% if you do a talk on a topic, boosting
the effectiveness of your learning process.

Some topics for newbies:

   * My 5 Favorite Questions from StackOverflow
     For some popular questions see http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/python?sort=votes&pageSize=15

   * My Favorite Python Module
     For some popular Python project see https://github.com/search?l=Python&o=desc&q=python&s=stars&type=Repositories&utf8=%E2%9C%93

   * My Favorite Python Recipe
     For some popular recipes see http://code.activestate.com/recipes/langs/python/top/

   * My Favorite Python Language Feature

   * 3 Python Gotchas to Watchout For
     Based on http://stackoverflow.com/questions/530530/python-2-x-gotchas-and-landmines
     and http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1011431/common-pitfalls-in-python

Looking forward to talk submissions from newbies.

Regards,
Vijay