[CentralOH] March Monthly Meeting

Eric Floehr eric at intellovations.com
Sun Mar 11 15:15:30 EDT 2018

Our March meeting will be Monday, March 26, at 6pm at Forge by Pillar in
the Smith Brothers Building.

RSVP Here:
https://www.meetup.com/Central-Ohio-Python-Users-Group/events/246491260/

This month, Harry Lindner will be talking about building a search engine in
Python. Please help him out by suggesting a search topic here:
https://goo.gl/forms/6vg3RxcC189SZx1K3

Sometimes you want something specific, but ctrl+f and Google are failing
you. Have no fear, you can build your own search engine. We are going to
build a search engine using flask (website), scrapy (web scraper) /pdfminer
(pdf scraper), whoosh (text indexer / search), and Heroku (host). The code
and demo will be posted online.

The talk answers 3 questions: Why would you do this? How do you do this?
What are the results? Then it’s open questions.

We are taking suggestions for search topics. Please submit ideas here:
https://goo.gl/forms/6vg3RxcC189SZx1K3

If there is time left, Travis Risner will continue talking about curio (an
async library in Python) by example.

Afterwards we'll be heading to Brazenhead on 5th.