[Catalog-sig] Pypi cdn for hosted packages

Noah Kantrowitz noah at coderanger.net
Thu Feb 28 16:13:49 CET 2013

Reponding from my phone quickly before this gets any further, will write more later. Plan is to have pypi move package download links to a new hostname (probably pypi-download.python.org) and then throw that behind fastly. This sidesteps 100% of issues with dynamic pages, etc. Simple index with be handled secondarily.