[Catalog-sig] Fwd: Re: New pythonpackages.com service coming soon

Richard Jones richard at python.org
Mon Jan 23 00:49:35 CET 2012

On 23 January 2012 10:37, Tarek Ziadé <ziade.tarek at gmail.com> wrote:
> I meant giving a temporary access to my PyPI packages from within your
> application when performing tasks, not a complete & permanent one where you
> application could perform unwanted tasks at PyPI if the server gets hacked.

If I understand you correctly you are talking about using a mechanism
like OpenAuth? PyPI currently only provides OpenID support, not
OpenAuth. I don't recall there having been a discussion about adding
OpenAuth, though I certainly can't immediately think of a reason not
to add it (except that someone has to do it ;-)*

     Richard

* if there is interest I could do it during the US PyCon sprints...