[Catalog-sig] Proposal: close the PyPI file-replacement loophole

Donald Stufft donald.stufft at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 00:43:56 CET 2012

I don't think anyone is arguing that it's not occasionally useful. The question to answer is the occasional usefulness worth the risks that come with it. In my opinion the small utility (being able to correct a borked packaging job) is not worth the risks to both my applications stability, and the security of my entire system.