[Catalog-sig] an immutable mirror of PyPI

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Tue Jul 5 17:42:51 CEST 2011

On 07/05/2011 04:35 PM, Andreas Jung wrote:
> Martijn Faassen wrote:
>> Is there any interest in running an immutable mirror of PyPI on
>> python.org as a service to package users?
>

> Aren't the PyPI mirrors (based on top of the pep381 client)
> immutable?

You tell me. Are they? How interesting. :)

I think you're right! The package that disappeared from the main PyPI a
few weeks ago is still available on b.pypi.python.org, at least.

Wow, thanks!

I had assumed the mirrors would remove things, but it seems they don't.
I think that leaves the overwriting issue: if I were to release a
version of foo 1.3, and then later upload a new version of foo 1.3,
would the mirror be updated with the new version or not?

Regards,

Martijn