[Catalog-sig] Does registering a python distribution makes it you the author?

Fred Drake fred at fdrake.net
Tue Aug 16 00:42:19 CEST 2011

2011/8/15 Alexis Métaireau <alexis at notmyidea.org>:
> I've packaged and uploaded a project on PyPI, without being the author of
> it. I've set up the correct fields (author and author_email) in the setup.py
> to the real author, but PyPI states I'm the author anyway, maybe because
> it's linking it to the PyPI account I've used to do the upload.

I suspect this is merely a poor assumption that was embedded into the PyPI
application.  As the uploader, you're the one with rights to the project
entry on PyPI.

We should correct the assumption that the uploader is related to the authorship
for the package, though I'd hate to introduce yet another mess in the
terminology
used on PyPI.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.    <fdrake at gmail.com>
"A storm broke loose in my mind."  --Albert Einstein