[Catalog-sig] [Proposal] Registered packages must provide the source code distribution on PyPI

Mark Ramm mark at geek.net
Thu Jun 17 19:44:52 CEST 2010

> Your *index* is the download URL, or the tarball in the index?

We don't have a tarball on pypi but the Download URL points to our index:

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/TurboGears2/2.0.3

Which contains just:

Download URL: http://www.turbogears.org/2.0/downloads/2.0.3/

and easy_install TG gets tg and all it's dependencies from our specific index.

I don't care if it works in just exactly this way, but maintaining the
ability to create a controlled index is critical to making the
turbogears install process repeatable and reliable.

Also note, we have a new index url for each release -- so you'll
always be able to do a tg install for a specific version with known
working results.

--Mark Ramm