[Catalog-sig] PyPI down again...

Mathieu Leduc-Hamel marrakis at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 23:55:07 CEST 2010

> Just be prepared to provide the code as separately-reviewable chunks
>
> of modifications.

That's exactly the point. I may be wrong but me and people want to
contribute and it's exactly what project like Bitbucket and code review
tools allow.

I worked with people of a very wide range of experience at our local python
user group and one  common complain is that it's alway difficult to
contribute.

Using a DVCS is exactly one good way to deal with merges and code review.

I'm not asking to have a commiter access right away.  I just want to be able
to contribute cause I'm open to work on something that needed to be done.

> Alternatively, you could start submitting patches.
>
> I'm not quite sure why that would be. You still couldn't write to the
> repository, could you? So what would be the difference?

For sure, right now i worked on Tarek repos and he is responsible to merge
on the main svn repos and the production server of pypi. Having complete
mercurial workflow would be easier...