[Catalog-sig] High-availability for PyPI, mirroring infrastructures?

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Mon Aug 11 13:11:24 CEST 2008

--On 11. August 2008 12:03:32 +0200 Philipp von Weitershausen
<philipp at weitershausen.de> wrote:

>> I know Zope Corp has another script that generates a local copy by
>> scanning PyPI through XML-RPC
>> but it is a full copy.
>
> Yes, zc.mirrorpypislashsimple creates a full copy in the sense that it
> mirrors the pages of *every* package. However, it does not mirror the
> actual download archives. They are still retrieved from python.org.

zc.mirrorpypislashsimple is not much helpful right now since it does not
mirror the real data (just checked the code and played a bit with it).

A task for our Blackforest sprint would be:

 - all to pass-in a configuration file where you define with packages should
   be mirrored where each line of the configuration would represent a
   package pattern:

   mirror.cfg:
   zope.*
   collective.*
   z3c.*
   lovely.*

This would also fit in our haufe.eggserver infrastructure where we maintain
a local egg repository on the filesystem.   zc.mirrorpypislashsimple could
directly sync PyPI with our local egg server.

Andreas