[Catalog-sig] How to get a list of package releases

Richard Jones richardjones at optushome.com.au
Fri Jan 19 05:53:11 CET 2007

On Friday 19 January 2007 00:50, Michał Kwiatkowski wrote:
> Maybe this is a stupid question, but how can I list all versions of a
> package that were registered on PyPI?

You can get a full list through the XML-RPC interface:

    http://wiki.python.org/moin/CheeseShopXmlRpc

Specifically the package_releases method.

> Another thing, some packages offer a development versions by giving a
> link to their subversion repository. Is there a way to list these
> extra install options on PyPI? By "extra options" I mean all
> non-standard version strings that will work with `easy_install
> package==version`, like common "dev".

The XML-RPC release_data method might tell you this information. I'm not sure
how people are coding the repository information into their package
meta-data.

    Richard