[Catalog-sig] A first step at improving PyPI: the "egg" command

Bjørn Stabell bjorn at exoweb.net
Tue Aug 14 18:15:41 CEST 2007

On Aug 14, 2007, at 21:40, Jim Fulton wrote:
>> If you're in a hurry and don't want to read everything;
>>
>>   1)	I've created a little app to help prototype how we can do better
>> 	egg/package management at http://contrib.exoweb.net/trac/browser/
>> egg/
>
> I get prompted for a password for that,

Hi Jim,

Ooops!  Thanks for the heads up.  It should work now.

> (More ideas than I have time to absorb at the moment snipped.)

Yeah, I was afraid I was trying to communicate too much in one single
email.

> I think you need to raise this on the distutils sig as well.
> Thats' where setuptools is discussed and much of what you describe
> is addressed to some degree by setuptools.

Okay, I'll subscribe.

> It is still my opinion that the distutils-sig and catalog-sig
> should be combined.

Sounds like a good idea.  I was finding a lot of the ideas/thoughts
were related to setuptools and PyPI at the same time.  They're really
the client- and server-side components of the same thing.

Rgds,
Bjorn