[Catalog-sig] Flamenco queries

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Mon Apr 9 01:34:17 CEST 2007

On Mon, Apr 09, 2007 at 01:22:03AM +0200, "Martin v. L?wis" wrote:
> In studying the Cheeseshop code, I ran into flamenco.py, which
> "represents a flamenco-style query". What is that?

"Flamenco" is historical -- Ping has a browsing interface called "Flamenco"
for another project, and the idea was borrowed for PyPI's browsing interface.

> What puzzles me is that the parameter of the URL (229 and 5) don't
> occur in the query. Isn't there some cheaper way to achieve the
> same result? After all, on my machine, this query runs for 1s!

It looks like the __init__ builds a data structure and then
get_matches() and list_choices() run off this structure.  It would
certainly be worth fixing this!

--amk