[Catalog-sig] Framework :: Trac :: Plugins category

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 03:35:59 CEST 2006

On 9/24/06, Richard Jones <richardjones at optushome.com.au> wrote:
> Why two classifiers? What distinguishes something classifying itself
> as "Framework :: Trac" from something classifying itself "Framework ::
> Trac :: Plugins"? At this point I would create the former, but not the
> latter.

Agreed.  Trac itself is a framework; users of the framework can look
for plugins using the framework classifier.  There's no need to create
a classifier for the framework alone.

(Now, it's fine to classify the framework as Framework::Trac, but the
plugins should be in the same classification.  That way a user finds
both plugins and updates all together, which makes a lot of sense to
me.)

  -Fred

"Every sin is the result of a collaboration." --Lucius Annaeus Seneca