[Catalog-sig] PyPI overloaded(?)

Ben Bangert ben at groovie.org
Tue Oct 17 19:50:51 CEST 2006

On Oct 17, 2006, at 10:37 AM, Martin v. Löwis wrote:

> Jim Fulton schrieb:
>> I should have noted in my note that my intent is not to complain.
>> Mainly, I want to make sure that we we're in agreement about the
>> goals
>> and to make sure the PSF allocates the rsources needed to achieve
>> them.
>
> Can you volunteer yourself or somebody else to help in maintaining
> PyPI?

I'll volunteer to help out in maintenance. I'm in agreement with Jim
that PyPI definitely needs some sort of mirror system. While I
currently advocate that people using setuptools based installations
maintain their own egg repo in case PyPI is unavailable, it'd be
great to have mirrors. On a side-note, I don't know who maintains
PyPI now, but thank you for the great job, for a single un-mirrored
site, the reliability thus far has been great.

Cheers,
Ben