[Catalog-sig] feedback received from python.org trac

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sat Mar 11 14:15:31 CET 2006

Dear Jim,

I'm not sure I completely sure I understand your problem.

> If a registered user enters his current email address (the new one), to
> reset the password, then the username is not recognized as a match to
> the username and the entry invalid.
>
> Either way the user is forced to re-register.

If the user remembers the Cheeseshop password, he can just change the
email address. Login to the page, go to "Your details", edit the
field "Email address", and press "Update details".

> The managers of my webspace offer an option to submit a new email
> address after entering a login name and password. What an idea. Works
> for me.

Right: after entering a login name and password. The same works for
Cheeseshop.

> And, if someone ever decides to make such an improvement

I still wonder what improvement you are looking for.