[Catalog-sig] [Distutils] setuptools or PyPI problem...?

Richard Jones richardjones at optushome.com.au
Fri Sep 23 05:42:24 CEST 2005

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 01:32 pm, you wrote:
> At 10:25 AM 9/23/2005 +1000, Richard Jones wrote:
> >I can only assume that setuptools is mutating the name/version in order to
> >generate a safe filename, but then passing the mutated name/version to
> > PyPI as the release identifier.
>
> I haven't attempted to reproduce Ian's problem, but I don't believe I'm
> doing this, at least not in the upload command.  I'll have to check.

Oh, I just changed the distutils upload command a little so that it could
auto-register a release if someone tries to upload a file for a release
they've not "setup.py registered"'ed yet.

It's submitted to the python sf.net tracker, but sf.net's being flaky at the
moment so I don't have a direct URL.

    Richard