[Catalog-sig] [lfini@arcetri.astro.it: cannot submit a package]

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Fri Oct 28 00:30:35 CEST 2005

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 18:23:14 -0400, "A.M. Kuchling" <amk at amk.ca> wrote:
>Forwarded.
>
>--amk

I've had the described problem when trying to update a project and not having sufficient permissions to do so.  The interface gives no indication that this is the case, since it is just a standard HTTP auth dialog.  The issue is conflated by the fact that sometimes (all the time?), after doing this, your old credentials are dropped and you have to log back in as yourself.  Another case can come up that is related to login (which I have not yet been able to deterministically reproduce) where any page will report that an error has occurred, give a Python exception string, and nothing else.  Quitting your browser seems to be the only remedy for this.

Dunno if any of this relates to the original reporter's problem, but it seemed like it might a bit.