[Catalog-sig] download statistics / naming

Trent Mick trentm at ActiveState.com
Thu Mar 31 03:11:35 CEST 2005

[Richard Jones wrote]
> Shrubbery would be memorable, I think. It's long though.

That is one thing that I don't so much like about "eggcrate". It is long
and a left-hand finger-twister on the keyboard.

Another idea: snakeden (or just "den"?)

I love the little animated GIF on this page with the snake peeking out
of its hole. :)
  http://www.sdsnake.com/SnDen.htm

It is easier to type that "eggcrate" and isn't particular to the egg
package format (which someone brought up might be confusing). Like
"eggcrate" it connotes containment.

There is no "den" command on the PATH on a few computers that I checked
(linux, windows, hpux, aix, solaris). A quick google search didn't turn
up any conflicts with other projects that I could see.

Just an idea. I don't care strongly.

Trent

--
Trent Mick