[Catalog-sig] PKG-INFO exports?

Kevin Turner acapnotic@twistedmatrix.com
21 Apr 2003 13:57:00 -0700

On Wed, 2003-04-16 at 19:46, Kevin Turner wrote:
> Ok, action display_pkginfo is checked in but untested.

I've tested it now; I'd neglected to handle the outgoing http headers
before, that's been fixed.  You can review the changes at

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/pypi/pypi/webui.py.diff?r1=1.54&r2=1.52

Any comments on the code or hints on when it might go live?

> (There's some
> issue with my testbed pypi installation, I can't seem to get it to
> register new users.  I hit the link given in the e-mail, and it just
> keeps asking me to authenticate, never succeeding.)

For the record, this was because my web server was setting
HTTP_AUTHENTICATION and not HTTP_CGI_AUTHENTICATION.  Changing the
script to check for the other variable worked well enough, but still had
some odd problems.  ('login' worked.  posting to submit_pkg_info
worked.  But when I posted to submit_form, it acted like it wasn't
authenticating again.  I love CGI.)

Thanks,

 - Kevin

--
The moon is waning gibbous, 70.5% illuminated, 20.2 days old.