[Catalog-sig] alpha version

Sean Reifschneider jafo@tummy.com
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 22:30:38 -0700

On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 01:55:08PM -0600, Suchandra Thapa wrote:
>    While creating the distribution, I noticed that there doesn't seem to
>be a clean, easily parsable way to have dependency information in PEP241

How about:

   Requires: packageName
   Requires: anotherPackage >= 1.45

PEP241 is RFC-822, which can handle multiple entries.  I would think the
above would work.  This is what RPM does.  They also have a "BuildPreReq",
which is required for building packages and is different than just the
dependencies required to install package.

Sean
--
 You know you're in Canada when:  The petrol-station attendant describes
 -30 degrees C as "she's a bit nippy out there, eh?".