[Catalog-sig] [ANN] new release of ciphon/distutils requests

s-thapa-11@alumni.uchicago.edu s-thapa-11@alumni.uchicago.edu
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 14:42:12 -0600

--XF85m9dhOBO43t/C

  I've done a little more work on ciphon, it now sort of reads installed
packages and is able to resolve dependencies in a limited fashion.  It's
available on sourceforge as siphon, but I'll change the project name fairly
soon. =20
  One thing I noticed while working on ciphon is that distutils doesn't
seem to have a place to get information about packages currently installed.
Is there any work being done on distutils to store information on installed=
=20
modules like version, name,  or files the module ha installed.  The first=
=20
two pieces of information would be extremely useful in resolving dependenci=
es.
I can do without information on the module's files but that would prevent=
=20
a way to automatically remove installed modules.

--=20

Suchandra S. Thapa=20
s-thapa-11@alumni.uchicago.edu

--XF85m9dhOBO43t/C