[Catalog-sig] Python Siphon name change please?

Guido van Rossum guido@digicool.com
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 22:00:20 -0500

Sorry for the introsion.  I just found out that there's a thing called
Python-Siphon being discussed on the distutils-sig (to which I'm not
subscribed), which is CPAN functionality.  I believe that falls under
the Catalog SIG's charter too (to which I *am* subscribed, I believe
-- but it's been dead since last November), so I'mm ccing there.

I love the concept.  But please don't use that name.  I searched
Google for "python siphon" and found out it is a technical term for
something used to siphon water into or out of aquariums (?).  That's
cute, but makes it hard to find through web searches, and that's not
what we want for a CPAN thingie! :-)

Feel free to flame me if this is inappropriate!