[Borgbackup] FW: Local backup media file system corrupt. Best way to recover?

Vaughan Wickham vw at zen.net.au
Sat Nov 5 16:57:13 EDT 2022

IP address is NOT whitelisted: Yes
SPF check stopped as domain server: yes
content filtering stopped as whitelisted: Yes
attachment filtering stopped as whitelisted: Yes
hotmail filtering stopped as whitelisted: Yes
Execute check null from address: Yes
from address exists: Yes
URL filtering stopped as whitelisted: Yes

Hello,

I have copied the off-site borg repository to the local disk and everything seemed to be fine.

However, when the next backup of the off-site borg repository ran, it failed.

Borg: Cache, or information obtained from the security directory is newer than repository - this is either an attack or unsafe (multiple repos with same ID)
2022-11-03 12:39:20.826790650 ERROR: Failed to initialize Borg repository, borg rc 2!

There are currently multiple repos with the same ID because I have copied the off-site repository to the local system.

Regards,
Vaughan