[Borgbackup] Reboot with no warning when check/repair

Bzzzz lazyvirus at gmx.com
Sat Jan 16 17:37:28 EST 2021

On Sat, 16 Jan 2021 15:48:41 +0100
Bzzzz <lazyvirus at gmx.com> wrote:

There's something new and it is bad.

I enabled the intrinsic watchdog and restarted the procedure, leaving the
machine display always on to survey what was happening.

In fact, it breaks when into the second phase (verifying data) @~45% and
the watchdog had the time to send me an e-mail, saying it was rebooting
because the system cannot allocate memory (armhf being a 32-bit OS,
this means borg is claiming more than 3 GB of RAM :/)

Sooo, the question has change to : is there a way to limit the memory
quantity borg want when in check/repair mode ?

Jean-Yves