[Borgbackup] CPU/time use of Borg

Dmitry Astapov dastapov at gmail.com
Tue May 5 18:06:05 EDT 2020

This is how a typical backup looks for me :

Duration: 1 minutes 41.41 seconds
Number of files: 558471
------------------
                       Original size      Compressed size    Deduplicated
size
This archive:               78.84 GB             50.79 GB             31.52
MB
All archives:               23.03 TB             14.64 TB            101.51
GB

                       Unique chunks         Total chunks
Chunk index:                  778813            170023300

This is over wifi to a NAS server on the local network.

Backups are taken every 30 minutes, process on the source system uses about
330 Mb VSS / 230 Mb RSS.

There must be something in your setup that causes slowness (source
filesystem? Target filesystem? No stable inodes ? No stable mtimes? ....).