[Borgbackup] move borg repo including cache to new machine?

devzero at web.de devzero at web.de
Fri Dec 28 13:28:40 EST 2018

apparently, i found it was a serious bug in our backup script.

sorry for the noise!

> Not sure why you mention the cache? It is client-side, so if you only
> moved the repo, the client side cache does not need moving at all.

for now, we do not have any borg installation remote, we do everything borg related on the backup server only/itself.

we first pull everthing from the remote servers via rsync to a local staging dir and then let borg run across that staging
area afterwards.

sure, we need extra space, but what we want is rotating, space saving, deduplicated "incremental backup forever".

so having a rsync copy + borg repo for each of our backed up servers is ok and worth the extra diskspace...

regards
roland