[Borgbackup] Prune and/or Compact finished with an error

Thomas Waldmann tw at waldmann-edv.de
Fri Aug 31 12:10:09 EDT 2018

>> Hi Thomas, I have Version 1.0.9-1 installed - out of the debian
>> repos.... Do you think the Prune error comes from this particular version?

Yes, because you are reading the docs of a future release, not of 1.0.9.

> Anybody knows how to enable logging, or writing how to write the
> successful backup logs into a file?

Yes, just use standard I/O redirection:

borg ... >borg.log 2>&1

The docs also describe more advanced logging configurations, but it also
takes more effort to do them.

--

GPG Fingerprint: 6D5B EF9A DD20 7580 5747  B70F 9F88 FB52 FAF7 B393
Encrypted E-Mail is preferred / Verschluesselte E-Mail wird bevorzugt.