[Borgbackup] Saving logging output to a log file

Dave Cottingham dac at conceptual-analytics.com
Wed Nov 1 11:30:58 EDT 2017

I wanted borg to append the logging output to a log file, and I have
succeeded in doing that, but my solution is so clunky I'm hoping someone
can point me to a better solution.

There doesn't seem to be any direct way to specify a log file to borg, but
there is a way to specify a logging configuration file, which is to put the
path in the environment variable BORG_LOGGING_CONF. So I do that.

Then I took my best shot at making the minimal logging configuration file
that just says "append everything to this file." Unfortunately, the result
is
22 lines. I have attached it.

Can anyone explain what I'm doing wrong? I mean, it works, but this seems
silly.

Thanks,
Dave Cottingham