[Borgbackup] Deduplication and encryption

Thomas Waldmann tw at waldmann-edv.de
Mon Aug 14 16:21:29 EDT 2017

> What I've seen and I wish it could be improved, is that every time it
> seems to bring a lot of meta data, even from those backups that
> originate from my machine.
> I was expecting to bring only hashes of the machines in between, not
> from mines.

Yes, that is a bit strange, but it only happens once per archive.

Then you'll have a locally cached index of just that archive and it
won't fetch it from remote again.

It doesn't build that single-archive index when doing the backup (it
just updates the all-archives index), was simpler to implement that way.

--

GPG ID: 9F88FB52FAF7B393
GPG FP: 6D5B EF9A DD20 7580 5747 B70F 9F88 FB52 FAF7 B393